An electrician is a professional specialist in the installation and maintenance of electrical services such as: lighting, heating and electricity. An electrician installs, tests, assembles, and determines faults in wiring, fixtures, and electrical devices, among others.
Considering what an electrician is; one of its main functions is to solve electrical problems, taking into consideration specific variables. Sometimes these professionals respond to emergency calls to carry out the requested repair.
They are generally autonomous; however, local electrician in electricians in Coeurd’Alene are usually hired by electrical contractors, project managers, maintenance departments and other establishments. They have a range of services in houses, buildings, factory, offices, hospitals, power plants, etc.
Characteristics of a professional electrician :
- Have skills, to use a wide variety of tools and equipment.
- Have the ability to read and interpret technical drawings.
- Be aware of the importance of following safety procedures accurately.
- Possess problem-solving skills.
- Pay close attention to details.
- Keep up to date with the evolution of the industry.
- Be organized and work carefully.
- Be able to detect and solve effective breakdowns
- Have good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Work well on your own and in a team.
- Have the ability to explain your work clearly to clients so that they remain calm.
- Work in a calm and professional manner.
- Be physically fit, because the job requires being on your knees and lifting heavy equipment.
What studies should an electrician have?
Electrical Engineering: covers the field of engineering that deals with the study and application of electricity, electronics and electromagnetism.
Electromechanical Electricity: it is a branch of Engineering that combines knowledge in electronics, mechanics, thermodynamics, hydraulics, among others, for application in all types of mechanical systems.
Industrial Engineering: the branch of engineering in charge of the analysis, interpretation, understanding, design, programming and control of production and logistics systems.
Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Engineering: specializes in the training of professionals, aimed at facing the constant challenges presented by the progress of technology.
In general, the professionals who practice this career start as assistants for a period of approximately 2 years in the area of maintenance and manufacture of electrical equipment, machinery and components.